Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cognitive behavioral therapy is bull

I think cognitive/behavioral therapy its bull. I think their success rate is for minor anxiety like "I ate peanuts five minutes before I developed appendicitis and now I am scared to eat peanuts doctor. I just don't know what to do...I always enjoyed making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for my kids and now I feel scared making them. I feel like an awful mother because I am denying my kids peanut butter ahhhhhhwwwhhhaaaaaa boo hoo" Then the doctor has her eat half a peanut and nothing happens so a few weeks later she is "cured" she was labeled as having an anxiety and it is now gone. I think it all gets lumped in.

That and some people lets face it are simple minded or stupid so a doctor can say "This is a panic attack that you had. It is just because you were stressed out. It most likely won't happen again.." "ok thanks doctor"

They are the same people you later see online "I use to have panic attacks but a panic attack is nothing more than the body having too much stress...just take a deep breath and ask God for help. Are you getting enough B vitamins? They really help with stress. Maybe try yoga." They somehow think their few panic attacks even compare to the level some people can have. It is like an earthquake some are 4.2 and some are 8.0 both are earthquakes but there is a major difference.

No comments: