Friday, January 21, 2011

Anesthesia Music

I wonder if it is possible to have my mp3 player on and music blaring in my ears when the doctor starts the anesthesia? I mean, as soon as I am out they could pluck the ear buds out of my ears.

They always feel the need to say.."OK we are going to start the IV now" and "Count backwards from ten." I rather be in my own world..just do it and get it over with. I don't want to hear them or their voices.

Remember for a colonoscopy I can't have the normal drugs and have to actually be knocked out completely which raises the risk.

The downside is if I pass out from the needle during the song I pick I will never be able to listen to that song again. My brain will add it to the "banned" list. For the rest of my life it will be "Oh...that is the song I was listening too when I fainted [cue the anxiety attack]".

I don't know... I will think about it. I want it so loud I can forget where I am and not hear a damn thing they are doing. In the rare case the anesthesia actually killed me, I could deal with it being the last song I ever heard.

I will post song below:


No comments: