Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Belly Stirs

My body seems to have adapted to the summer heat, as long as it is 90 or below anyway. I still have my a/c units running, but being on the 2nd floor it doesn't really keep up. My electric bill was $197 this month, which is crazy it is usually $70.

My stomach has been causing me all sorts of drama since I went to the ER on Father's Day. I mean it always causes drama, but this is just more dramatic. I keep bloating and have this sick feeling most of the time 3 inches above the belly button. I took some ginger tonight and it helped some. I drank it down with some hot tap water, which is not good, but I have no coffee mug and will have to get one. I think I am going to look into getting some ginger pills and see if that helps. I took Prevacid, Zantac and Pepcid in the past and they all have caused me bad colon cramps, so that is not cool.

Besides that I have been distracting myself, esp. since I have not been sleeping well at all. I keep getting 5 to 6 hours of sleep and I am one of those people who don't do well unless they get 8 or 9. Anyway so I was feeling the need to start making web pages again. This is the first time since Xanax withdrawal that I felt like it. I ended up making three automatic blogs, which is actually cool because I don't have to do anything. They just update themselves by pulling videos on certain topics from other video sites and auto embedding the code.

An online friend of mine who has her own health issues going on right now mailed me a book called. The Journey: A Practical Guide to Healing Your Life and Setting Yourself Free by Brandon Bays . It is a New Age type of book. However it is still an interesting concept.

I was looking forward to doing that detox till my body got all funky on me, but it is still on my to do list. I called around to a few companies and looked at their websites to see if there was any microwave food products that were gluten free. I now have several lined up so when I do cut gluten completely out of my diet I will have a strong backup plan in case I don't feel like making food. Like (and this is not good for you) Frito's corn chips are gluten free. Which you would assume anyway since it is made with corn, but there are so many ingredients thrown in the mix often times you have to check to be sure.

Thankfully Uncle Ben's Microwave White Rice is also gluten free. They didn't list their microwave long grain brown rice as being gluten free though.

Anyway so that is what I have been up to.

No comments: